The Split Way
"One way to reduce correlations of your activity is to use privacy tools all the time, not just when you need them. This provides plausible deniability."
Even your encrypted communication is stored in order to be deciphered once technology permits. Protect yourself by detaching your real identity from your online activities.
When combined with a set of operational principles Split Linux's technical advantages unfold their full potential. The Split Way.
Split Linux Technical Benefits
These benefits are largely specific to a Split Linux setup. Out-of-the-box most other distributions will not provide them.
- Login several X users at a time.
- Avoid traffic from applications being correlated ("Stream-Isolation").
- Use multiple isolated online identities without reboots.
- Have containers utilize wireless networks.
- Use any Linux distribution for any user / identity.
- Run untrusted software in isolated environment.
- Simplify backups even for entire identities.
- Avoid people accidentally seeing content they should not.
- Browse the darknet out-of-the-box (Tor/.onion).
- Keep additional identities on encrypted external devices.
- Avoid the need of booting separate live media to fix errors.
Split Linux Operational Principles
While these concepts are easily aplicable in other distributions, the Split Way of separation helps to remember their application.
- Configure each user workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Completely separate work for different endeavors/companies.
- Work in a focussed manner within one user / identity.
- Reduce risk when allowing others to use your computer.
- Easily hand over any and all data to a successor.
- Remind loved ones to always use fake data when online.
- Present your views through pristine online identities and be judged based on your content, not your popularity.